Friday, June 11, 2010

Thinking about blogging.

I keep thinking about blogging about my garden, and I keep not getting around to doing it. Part of my issue is that I imagine being methodical in my blogging. But when I find a bit of time to sit and write, it seems that the photos I have at hand are a random assortment - not a methodical grouping. So I set the idea aside.

Many garden books & websites recommend keeping a garden journal. I think a blog would be (for me) a good tool for doing that. So, that's what I'm thinking.

Pictured: my two raised beds, between the sidewalk and the street. In the bed in the foreground I have two bush squash, a cuke which will climb the trellis, two little basil plants, nasturtiums, a variety of California poppy, and volunteer alyssum. In the background bed I have more Cal poppies, bush beans, pole beans, peas which are winding down, and a couple of cosmos in the background.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blogging is great! I started out a little hesitant too- I got a new camera and wanted to share the photos. But now it's a really important part of my life. I would have never expected this- so fun! Keep with it, it's very rewarding!

Beth

Autumn Belle said...

Welcome to the world of Blogging. I found your blog via Blotanical. A blog is indeed a good start to keeping an online garden journal. When you take photos, you can see many details previously overlooked and you begin to appreciate your garden even more. The interaction with other fellow Blotanists and gardeners is my highest motivating in keeping a garden blog going.